Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge



Crazy For Crust has the most incredible recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge. My sister-in-law is here visiting and whipped this up for us this week. She and my husband both love lemon and fudge. What's not to love about the two combined?!? Just saying. ;) 

Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge

Ingredients

For Crust:

  • 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (lemon shortbread or shortbread cookies)
  • 3 Tbls melted butter
For Fudge:
  • 4 cups (2 bags) white chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp pure lemon extract
  • 2-3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
  • 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
Directions

For Crust:
  • Mix cookie crumbs and butter together and press in to an 8x8 or 9x9 pan that has been covered with foil and sprayed with veggie spray.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the fudge.
For Fudge:

  • Place one cup of white chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside.
  • Place the remaining three cups of chips in a medium sauce pan with the sweetened condensed milk. Heat on medium-low heat, stir until melted.
  • Melt the 1 cup of reserved chips on 50% power in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stir every 30 seconds.
  • Remove pan with chips and condensed milk from heat and stir in food coloring and lemon extract. Pour over crust.
  • Stir the marshmallow fluff and the melted 1 cup of chips together and spread over the top of the fudge. Work quickly. The chips thicken quickly.
  • Let set on the counter 15 minutes and then chill until set.
Hint:
Once I turned the fudge out of the pan on to a cutting board, I removed the foil and cut with a pizza cutter. It makes the smoothest cut for fudge. :)
Then eat and enjoy!

We made this in January with the high in the low 50's but I can so imagine this recipe made and taken on a summer picnic. 


8 comments:

  1. Lemon Meringue is my husbands absolute favorite! I've been doing a bit too much baking lately and he's had to spend extra hours at the gym so he's asked me to cut back :). I know he couldn't resist this though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mareth, if he loves lemon then he will love this fudge. It is better than I imagined and lemon isn't my favorite! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh. I love that you used the pizza cutter to cut it. I'm SO using that tip! Thanks for the linky love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, now to make and taste!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it and what you think. :)

      Delete
  4. You always have such wonderful projects! I love reading your blog. I wanted to invite you to come link up at a party on my blog. It is a link party for OLD projects--so that we can hopefully get more traffic to our blogs using projects we've already posted. Come over and remind us of some of your favorite projects!
    The link-up is live now.
    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/hello-and-welcome-to-first-oldie-but.html
    Hope to see you there!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.